1. Project Introduction
Balancer is an asset management platform that acts as an automated portfolio manager, liquidity provider, and price sensor. As DeFi continues to expand on its composable nature, the need for liquidity in different use-cases grows.
Some of the key aspects of Balancer include:
- A native exchange that uses smart order routing to mitigate price slippage across different trading pairs.
- Swap fees earned from portfolio rebalances, DEX trading and arbitrage opportunities.
- The ability to create a Balancer Pool with asset makeup and fees of your choosing
- Pools that are automatically rebalanced and can be entered using one token.
- Pools that support up to 8 different tokens that can be weighted by percentage and rebalanced automatically.
Balancer recently launched a native governance token BAL – used to vote on protocol upgrades including supported collateral, fees, and incentives. BAL can be earned through the Liquidity Mining program which grants users token for providing liquidity to Balancer Pools.
2. Useful Links
- Official Website: https://balancer.finance
- Whitepaper: https://balancer.finance/whitepaper/
- Explorer: https://etherscan.io/token/0xba100000625a3754423978a60c9317c58a424e3D
- GitHub: https://github.com/balancer-labs/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BalancerLabs
- Medium: https://medium.com/balancer-protocol